NATURALLY BALANCED HEALTH
Dr S. Suzanne , CHT PhD ND
Naturopath Doc & Holistic Nutritionist
Arlington Grand Prairie Southlake
DFW Texas areas
Unfortunately, many herbal companies tend to omit specific warnings and proper usage. This is especially noticeable in the pharmaceutical brands and supermarket locations.
All herbs are NOT created equal. You will spend more money on lower grade herbs purchased at pharmacies and supermarkets. Health and Nutrition store brands generally carry a higher quality, organic and/or wild grown herbs.
Herbs that are sprayed with chemicals, pesticides and growth hormones will react differently than those that are naturally grown. Most healthy grown herbs are available in Health and Nutrition stores. "Buyer Beware." When in doubt contact the Herb company or a trusted Naturopathist or Nutritioninst.
All herbs are NOT beneficial or suitable for everyone. Recognize that your soecific body types features: blood, gland, dosha, metabolic,geno and even your time of birth may create a positive or negative effect on your long and short term health.
Some herbs must be taken for a limited number of days, i.e. three to fourteen days. Similar to pharmaceutical drugs, you must understand the appropriate dosage and usage of each herb and herbal combination and any possible negative effects with other herbs, foods or prescription and non-prescription drugs.
Herbs are NOT food when used medicinally; they are God's medicine. Herbs must be respected and not be abused, treat them as you would with allopathic pharmaceutical drugs; respect the proper usage and caution. Some herbs may also be addictive. Pharmaceutical drugs originate from plants, animals or mineral and are then blended with chemicals to create a pharmaceutical drug. This being the case, many drugs can be replaced by a natural holistic herbal formula. Most herbs are safer, more effective with little to NO side effects.
We shall offer as much insightful information to assist you in making an informed decision to enhance your's and family's health.
GRAVIOLA - Please read prior to purchase.
Suggested Use: 2-4 capsules three times daily between meals.
1. Not to be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
2. Graviola is contraindicated in combination with CoQ10 and other supplements which increase cellular ATP. One mechanism of action of graviola is as an ATP-inhibitor.
3. Graviola has demonstrated hypotensive, vasodilator, and cardiodepressant activities in animal studies. People with low blood pressure or taking antihypertensive drugs should check with their doctors before taking graviola and monitor their blood pressure accordingly.
4. One study with rats given a stem-bark extract intragastrically (at 100 mg/kg) reported an increase in dopamine, norepinephrine, and monomine oxidase activity, as well as a inhibition of serotonin release in stress-induced rats. As such, the use of this plant is probably contraindicated in combination with MAO inhibitors and some prescription antidepressants. Check with your doctor first if you are taking prescription antidepressants or MAO inhibitor drugs prior to taking graviola.
Drug Interactions: None have been reported; however:
A) Graviola may potentiate antihypertensive and cardiac depressant drugs.
B) It may potentiate antidepressant drugs and interfere with MAO-inhibitor drugs. See contraindications above.
C) CoQ10 and other drugs and supplements which increase ATP may reduce the effects of graviola.
Other Practitioner Observations:
1. Graviola has demonstrated significant in vitro antimicrobial properties. Chronic, long-term use of this plant may lead to die-off of friendly bacteria in the digestive tract due to its antimicrobial properties. Supplementing the diet with probiotics and digestive enzymes is advisable if this product is used for longer than 30 days.
2. Graviola has demonstrated emetic properties in one animal study with pigs. Large single dosages may cause nausea or vomiting. Reduce the usage accordingly or take with a meal if nausea occurs.
3. Drinking plenty of water (at least 8 glasses a day) is helpful to reduce Herxheimer reactions.
4. This plant has been used indigenously as a sedative (in large amounts). Reduce usage if sedation occurs.
The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease.
HERE WE SHALL INCLUDE ANY INFORMATION WE BELIEVE PERTAINENT TO YOUR OPTIMUM HEALTH AWARENESS.
Valerian Root - is the primary ingrediant for Vallium. Please note, like Vallium, Valerian Root can also be addictive. Valerian Root is best blended with Passionflower. Eventually some people can ween themself from the combination and administer only Passionflower.
Natural Antibiotics and Immune Boosters - In many cases, these listed herbs can be substituded Please confer with your Physician, Naturopath or Nutritionist. Garlic, Echinacea, Goldenseal, Pau d' Arco, Astragalus Root. Some work best in combination with others.
Echinacea - one of the most current misused herbs on the market. This is truly a natural antibiotic and should NOT be used as a cold or flu remedy. Would you use penicilin or any other pharmaceutical grade antbiotic for a simple cold or flu? Probably not. Do not misuse this herb, it is highly powerful and potent and must ONLY be utilized and administered as an antibiotic. Echinacea works especially well in conjunction with other specific herbs, those designed for your personal health issue and blood and gland type.
St. John's Wort - an antidepressant, sedative, blood purifier, bed-wetting. Advised to be taken for ONLY ten days. Can be addictive. Please avoid during early pregnancy or lactating.
AVOID - The protein lectins in these herbs disagree with your blood type; they may cause or contribute to short or long term health realted problems.
Blood type "O" - Echinacea, St John's Wort, Aloe, Coltsfoot, Goldenseal, Burdock, Gentian, Red Clover, Senna, Rhubarb, Shepherd's Purse, Strawberry Leaf, Alfalfa, Cornsilk.
Blood type "A" - Cayenne, Red Clover, Catnip, Yellow dock, Rhubabrb, Cornsilk.
Blood type "B" - Aloe, Senna, Red Clover, Goldenseal, Coltsfoot, Gentian, Fenugreek, Hops, Linden, Mullein, Rhubarb, Cornsilk, Shepherd's Purse, Skullcap.
Blood type "AB" - Aloe, Senna, Red Clover, Coltsfoot, Gentian, Fenugreek, Mullein, Linden, Hops, Skullcap, Shepherd's Purse, Rhubarb, Cornsilk.